Friday, May 8, 2015

Essential Oils Day 9

Day 9!!! Words cannot express how I am feeling today.

Last two nights I've been doing the layering of vetiver, cedarwood, lavendar.. a deep breathe inhaling from what's in my hands.. and cedarwood and lavender in a diffuser at night.  In the morning I'm often running around so I just have him inhale the oils from the bottle quickly before rushing off to school.

Last night my husband worked on his homework with him and he was very compliant and focused.  I thought it was amazing!

This morning was a morning like none other.  Usually it's a painful process of losing my patience with him because he's not listening and running around like a banchee before school.  THIS morning was different.  He got HIMSELF breakfast.. got ready for school right away when I asked him (granted he couldn't find shorts so I had to help him, but no struggle to focus on the task at hand)... and the kicker... when I sent the kids to the car as we left the house (usually they're running around in the driveway).. he sat in the car, and was reading a book!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I just had to stare at him because I was in disbelief.  Now "A" does not enjoying reading, and he has difficulty sitting still enough to focus on a book unless I sit with him.

Now "A" is still "A'.  He is his usual high energy self.. BUT he's toned down a notch.  He can focus on the task at hand.. these are things that I never thought possible.  As a stay at home mom I see all these minute difference and they add up to a whole lot! He might still be his crazy, happy go lucky self, but the things hes been able to accomplish this past week has kept me speechless! I feel nervous like I'm going to jinx it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment