Thursday, January 6, 2011

Diaper Bag/ Diaper Case

So I haven't completed my infant car seat padding yet, but all that is left is the binding.  I have a hard time finishing projects when I start it days before.  That's usually why I start and finish things in the same day, because I know I'll never do it if I put if off! :)

So my newest project was this cute little hobo bag!  With baby #3, there's not many new things you can buy since you have everything you need from the previous babies.  I'm too cheap to go out and buy a brand NEW diaper bag, so I thought I'd just make one.. here it is.

 I love the colors of the bag.  Black/White with accent of deep burgundy.

 Here's the inside of the bag.  Pretty roomy with a magnetic closure.  I don't know why it looks purple here.. hahah must be the lighting!

 This is the back of the bag.  I kinda wish I put a pocket on this side too.


Well, I had all these scraps of fabric left, so I thought I'd make a matching diaper holder.  I hate throwing away scraps when they're not tiny. :) Here it is.
 I wish the flap was a little narrower, but that's okay.  I like the binding! I had JUST enough red leftover.

 (4) Size 4 diapers.  I think it's roomy enough to hold a wipes case in there with it.  The inside is lined with a woven muslin/linen type fabric.  Another piece from my scrap pile.

 I only had scraps left, so I just pieced it together. :)

The bag and diaper case together!

All in all it took about 1/2 a day to put together.  Not bad for a cheap bag/diaper case.  Thanks for reading. :)

4 comments:

  1. alice!!! sell your wares!!!! :) This bag looks great! I love your choice of fabric. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. make this bag a crossover bag and I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Glad to know someone reads my blog. hahah

    ReplyDelete