Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fondant Cake

So my sister comes by today and tells me that she's going to order a cake for her son's 1 year birthday party.  When I asked her how much it cost, she said it would be around $100!!!! I couldn't believe how much cakes cost these days.  So we decided to take our hand to making our own fondant cake.  So don't laugh. Here it is.  


We thought it came out pretty well considering we didn't know what we were doing and just looked up some tutorials online. :)





We were practicing with different shapes, sizes, and placement.

 So after an evening of baking and fondant making, we're going to attempt to make Matthew's one year birthday cake.. enough to feed 70ppl I think. Pictures to come.. hopefully it won't be a disaster. :)

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine made an amazing fondant cake for her daughter's birthday. I have a pic in one of my fb albums, i think. Let me know if you want to see it! Your cake already looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Jiye, YES! I'd love to see the picture!

    ReplyDelete