Monday, December 20, 2010

Infant Carseat Cover

Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately everyone!  I've been wanting to replace my carseat cover for some time now because it's old and worn after two kids. :)  With the new baby coming in March I thought it would be a good time to revamp the carseat.

I was inspired by dana and her amazing carseat covers (you have to search her archives because I don't think she makes then anymore).  It took some time to create a pattern since I'm too cheap to buy one. :)  But I think it was well worth the effort since I can now use it to make multiple covers.  Here is the old carseat...




And the beginning of the new one.  I still have to add some more batting to the back to make it more cushy because I used a thinner batting on accident.  It's not as fitted as the other one because I haven't put the binding around the edge since I still have to add more cushioning still.

It's actually an aqua/brown combo but it looks white here doesn't it? :)  After I finish it I'll have to do the canopy to match! So for less than $10 on material (including the muslin to make the pattern) I've got a brand new carseat!  Wait scratch that.. I still need more material.. so maybe under $20.. mistakes can be costly. :)


I'll post the finished one when I'm done.  Maybe we should add it to the baby beean line. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I've been looking for one as a gift for my newborn niece :)

    ReplyDelete