Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who is MamaSlice?

Hello everyone.. or anyone.. I don't think anyone knows that I have this right now since I just decided today to make a blog. But regardless, I thought I'd write my first entry on who mamaslice is.

Back in junior high school our youth group decided to do a little activity where all of us wrote our names at the top of a sheet of paper and passed it around the circle. Each person was then supposed to write something nice about that person and at the end everyone would read out loud all the nice things that people think of them.

Being the perfectionist that I am, I was in this phase of trying out different signatures (for the day that I'd have to sign a drivers license... mind you I'm only 11 or 12). I wrote my name, Alice, with a cursive-like capital "A" at the top of the sheet. As it went around the circle, one of the boys screamed, "Who is Slice?" Thus came about my nickname in our youth group... Slice.

When my little sister, who is 2 years younger than me, came into youth group, people were trying to come up with a nickname for her as well... yes, we were really dorks. If you know my sister, you know that growing up we looked like identical twins. So of course her nickname became "slice junior".

Over the course of years, all my screen names, IM id, school id, etc. had some variation of "slice" in it. I can't remember if I dubbed myself "Mama Slice" or someone else did to tell you the truth. I remember someone in high school calling me that, but who knows what came first.. the chicken or the egg. Anyway... that's where "mama slice" came from. I used to put it together in one word like "mamaslice", but then I always thought people would think my nickname was "mamas lice". :)

So that, in a nutshell, is where I got the name for my blog. A slice of randomness is truly who I have become the past few years. I have this really bad habit of jumping from one project to the next. I have an obsessive tendency to learn everything there is to know about anything that grabs my attention. So this blog will truly be the randomest blog in the world. :) Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHH...that's where that came from. I always wondered what that was

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice! I was wondering where your name came from too. I thought it had to do w/ you being a mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha alice. welcome to the world of blogging. i hope you use this as a venue to show off your crafty skills... there's a whole craft/mamablog subculture, and i'm addicted to it!!
    -- selena

    ReplyDelete